During this course, students will be provided with a range of practical combative measures that can be implemented with combative clients, public and situations where do-no-harm is the core principle.
The learning outcomes for the module are as follows:
- Self-defense in a combative situation with do-no-harm
- Restraint of combatants, the theory of situational control & diffusion
- Principles of training for combative situations
- The theory of combative training
- Practical tactics for self defense
- Keeping others out of harms way
- Home and facility clearing
- Train the trainer
28 -34 hours with the ability to start/stop/return at any time.
This course is for:
- first responders,
- active service military,
- emergency managers and
Take this course to understand the theory behind their practice and increase their professional capacity when responding to a major emergency. This course is also aimed at personnel who form part of the Emergency Response organization.
Belhaven University PLA Credits Assessed: 1
*Note, there is a maximum number of PLA credits that may be applied toward a degree program. Refer to the Belhaven University website for the latest on PLA policies.