Peregrine Global Services
Contrary to traditional belief, entrepreneurism is not just about making money, nor is it merely about starting up a venture or owning a small business. Rather, entrepreneurism is a way of life applicable to all human economic activities.
The road to entrepreneurship is often a treacherous one filled with unexpected detours, roadblocks, and dead ends. There are many sleepless nights, plans that do not work out, funding that does not come through, and customers that never materialize.
It can be challenging to launch a business that it may make you wonder why anyone willingly sets out on such a path.
The purpose of this module is to understand entrepreneurism and enable the learner to take an idea to market in a purposeful and thoughtful manner.
- Describe the meaning of entrepreneurialism.
- Describe how to develop as an entrepreneur.
- Create a business plan to launch a new venture.
- Describe the key traits, characteristics, and skills necessary for starting a business.
Applications and Best Practices:
- Integrate in a course on small business management or entrepreneurship.
- Include as a resource in a career center, library, entrepreneurship/small business center.
- Professional development.
- 25 hours