University of Applied Research & Development (UARD)
This course covers the fundamentals and concepts of Incident Management, BCM & DRM; The principles of the Risk Matrix, frequency and impact and the resilient organization; Design & development of a robust BCM/DRM strategy & structure; Implementation of a BCM strategy; The feedback loop and keeping BCM systems current and effective; and, Ensuring organizational readiness and resilience is maintained.
The learning outcomes for the module are as follows:
- The function of and the need for Business Continuity Management within an organization
- The Business Continuity Management life cycle
- The main components of a Business Continuity Management program
- The need for Business Continuity Management
- The context of Business Continuity Management in the business
- Leadership and senior management commitment to Business Continuity
- The Business Continuity Institute’s Lifecycle
- Implementing the Business Continuity Program
22 – 25 hours with the ability to start/stop/return at any time.
This course is for:
- first responders,
- active service military,
- emergency managers and
Take this course to understand the theory behind their practice and increase their professional capacity when responding to a major emergency. This course is also aimed at personnel who form part of the Emergency Response organization.