University of Applied Research & Development (UARD)
During this course, students will learn to review, manage and assess the information available during an emergency situation in a timely manner to establish priorities and to take effective actions such as implementation of predetermined emergency response plans and procedures in the context of the current emergency being faced.
The learning outcomes for the module are as follows:
- To train personnel through theory, simulation and practical demonstration in the techniques of Management of Major Emergencies.
- To review and test company procedures relating to Emergency Response.
- To identify deficiencies in the site Emergency Response.
- Emergency Management Philosophy
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Information Management
- Command and Control
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Dealing with stress
- Leadership and team management
32 – 38 hours with the ability to start/stop/return at any time.
Take this course to understand the theory behind their practice and increase their professional capacity when responding to a major emergency. This course is also aimed at personnel who form part of the Emergency Response organization.