Lead your nonprofit to change the world. There are many types of nonprofit boards, including those that serve foundations, organizations that provide services to enhance the public good, and government. The oversight provided by boards is vital to the success of each type of organization. However, there are parts and pieces to ensuring the effectiveness of a nonprofit board.
In this course, you will learn how to be a better board member and how to manage your organization’s board of directors. The course covers the ins and outs of nonprofit boards, including strategic planning, establishing policies, management, budgeting, and fundraising.
What Will You Learn?
- The roles that board members fill.
- How to demonstrate leadership while serving on a nonprofit board.
- Strategic planning.
- How to identify the board’s mission, vision, and values.
- How to model ethical behavior as a board member.
- How to build team approaches for the board of directors.
Who Is This Course For?
- New board members as part of orientation.
- Staff who work actively with a nonprofit board as part of a training program.
- Nonprofit Board Members, Senior Staff, and Executive Directors to help with planning, decision-making, and conflict management.
- 25 hours
Belhaven University PLA Credits Assessed: 1
*Note, there is a maximum number of PLA credits that may be applied toward a degree program. Refer to the Belhaven University website for the latest on PLA policies.