A family business is a commercial organization that holds unique challenges in decision-making, legacy, culture, and influence.
Family-owned businesses are closely identified through leadership or ownership. Such businesses are the oldest and most common model of an economic organization.
In this course, you will learn the unique structures, operations, and dynamics of family-owned businesses. It also includes practical tools to manage, grow, and sustain family businesses successfully.
This course qualifies for 25 SHRM PDCs.
What Will You Learn?
- The nature and structures of family-owned businesses.
- How to grow, manage, and preserve a family-owned business.
- Governance related activities for a family-owned business.
- How to manage complex dynamics and sustain the family enterprise system.
Who Is This Course For?
- Family-owned business members who wish to learn more about growing such an enterprise successfully.
- Entrepreneurs who are starting or maintaining a family business.
- 25 hours
Belhaven University PLA Credits Assessed: 1
*Note, there is a maximum number of PLA credits that may be applied toward a degree program. Refer to the Belhaven University website for the latest on PLA policies.