In this course, you will learn about the costs of turnover, how job descriptions need to be written from a retention perspective, and how new hires should be onboarded and trained. You will also learn how to retain high-potential employees, explore considerations for the different generations in the workplace, focus on management for retention, and develop a succession plan for strategic employee retention.
Consider these lessons to help you and your organization continue to grow and retain your hired talent.
What Will You Learn?
- The strategic context for employee retention.
- Cost of turnover.
- How to write position descriptions.
- Employee onboarding, orientation, a 30-60-90-day plan, and succession planning.
- Retaining the different generations in the workplace.
Who Is This Course For?
- Small business owners who want to retain the talent they hired.
- Human resource managers desirous of building a retention program for their organization.
- 15 hours
Belhaven University PLA Credits Assessed: 1
*Note, there is a maximum number of PLA credits that may be applied toward a degree program. Refer to the Belhaven University website for the latest on PLA policies.